If you’re looking for a delicious way to round out your camping menu, these easy campfire brats are the perfect easy camping recipe. You’ll love that these beer braised brats pack a ton of flavor into every bite. Get the full recipe below and start planning your next adventure to the campground with one of the incredible RVs for sale.
Recipe adapted from one found on Delish.com
- 6 bratwurst sausages
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 16 oz. beer
- Hot dog buns (we use pretzel buns for added flavor and texture)
- Whole-grain mustard
- Sauerkraut or relish
- Build a strong fire and spread out the coals so you can put down the grill grate over the campfire.
- Clean the grate with an oiled paper towel held between a set of tongs.
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Thinly slice the peppers and onions.
- Place your cast-iron skillet on the grate to heat.
- Layer in the brats and cook until charred on all sides, around 5-6 minutes total.
- Dump in the onions, peppers, and beer on top of the brats. Stir to combine and cover with the skillet lid.
- Cook around 20 minutes until the onions and peppers are softened and caramelized. The beer will reduce and cook into the veggies and brats.
- Cut the buns in half length-wise and coat the inside with mayo before placing on the grill grate to caramelize and brown.
- Remove from the heat, add the brats to the buns, top with peppers and onions, mustard, and sauerkraut.
Contact us today to get a great deal on your next RV. Find travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, and more for a price you’ll love at Gillette’s Interstate RV.