Are you always on the lookout for ways to spice up your camping meals? Try out this amazingly tasty recipe for campfire whiskey BBQ chicken! This incredibly delicious recipe is great and easy, with an incredible BBQ sauce that you can easily prepare at home before your trip, or on your RV’s stove! Combined with the delicious taste that comes from cooking over a campfire, it’s a recipe you shouldn’t miss!
What You’ll Need:
1 1/4 C. Ketchup
2 Tbsp. Molasses
2 Tbsp. Whiskey of choice
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. (or to taste) hot sauce
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
6 Pieces of chicken legs and thighs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. To make the BBQ sauce, combine all the ingredients except for the chicken and olive oil in a medium saucepan. Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a small amount of water. Once the sauce has cooled, place in a container and keep chilled for up to one week.
2. Prepare the chicken by tossing with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Keep in a resealable plastic bag and chill for up to two days.
3. Once you have a desirable cooking campfire, set aside about 1/2 cup of prepared BBQ sauce.
4. Grill the chicken until browned, about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Brush the tops with BBQ sauce and cook a few more minutes. Turn and brush on more sauce, repeating twice more until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked all the way through.
6. Enjoy some tasty chicken!
Wasn’t that easy? This recipe proves that campfire meals can be delicious and easy and allow you to step outside that comfort zone of the staple hotdogs and hamburgers! You can even pair this delicious chicken with some campfire green beans for a great and easy meal! Enjoy!